National Weather Service
Weather Channel (weather map),
graduate Physics courses;
State employee holidays
journals on line
Apple (higher education, US)
Stony Brook videos on YouTube
IFCU (not the arena);
NY income tax
Most info can be found @ CNYITP visitor page.
Of course, there's also your browser's search engine.
- Elizabeth Gasparino – Math Tower, Room 6106, 632-7979, elizabeth.gasparino stonybrook.edu
- Helen Carrano – Math Tower, Room 6118, 632-7983, helen.carrano stonybrook.edu
Please send your host and Helen Carrano the following information:
Note: NY State regulations prevent us from offering a tax-free per diem, so to get reimbursed for food you’ll need original itemized receipts.
- the exact dates you will be visiting and if hotel accommodations are needed
- how you plan to arrive here (automobile, train, air travel, etc.)
- your CV
- your citizenship (If not a US citizen, please bring your passport and any visa documentation.)
- a title (and if possible, an abstract) for your talk
More travel info
Most travelers will take the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) to Stony Brook station (from which you can walk to YITP) or to Port Jefferson (some hotels are there). Both stations are on the Port Jefferson Line. Check MTA website for detailed scheduling information.
- JFK: Take the AirTrain to Jamaica Station, catch LIRR from there.
- Newark: Take the Monorail to Newark Airport Station, then NJ Transit to Penn Station, then LIRR from Penn Station.
- Laguardia: Take a yellow cab to Jamaica Station, then LIRR from there.
- Islip: Take a taxi to your hotel or YITP.
Stony Brook is "car-ridden"
|Two views of the|
Clinical Science Tower
Health Sciences Center